We have experienced professionals who are well versed with many different remediation systems
Soil and groundwater remediation are very expensive in time and cost involved to remediate a site. Highlands Environmental Solutions’ experienced professionals save you time and reduce potential costs. Why? Because they are well versed in the design, installation, operation of cost effective soil and groundwater remediation systems.
Remediation services typically consist of three phases
Phase one is the preparation of a Corrective Action Plan (CAP). It summarizes the proposed remedial approach.
Phase two is the installation and operation phase of the determined solution.
Phase three is the monitoring and site closure phase.
Highlands Environmental Solutions tailors projects according to site conditions and contaminant type. Our extensive experience and tailored solutions prevent environmental assessments from becoming elaborate “science projects” at your expense.
Our remediation services and experience include:
- Site-specific pilot testing
- Soil Vapor Extraction, Air Sparging, Enhance Air Sparge, and Bio-Sparge
- Pump and Treat
- On and Off-Site Bio and Thermal Remediation
- In-situ Chemical Oxidation
- Land Application (Landfarm) Permitting and Monitoring
- Operation, Maintenance and Monitoring of Remediation Systems
- Risk-Based Corrective Action Measures
- Contaminant Fate and Transport Modeling
- Monitored Natural Attenuation
- System Re-Evaluation and Upgrade
- Innovative Remedial Approaches
- Third Party Review of Remedial Operations
Clandestine Drug Lab Remediation
Clandestine Drug Labs (a.k.a “meth labs”) are a growing concern across the United States. These laboratories are often small. They are often set up in rental homes, motel rooms, garages, storage sheds, apartments, outbuildings, and even cars. The production of methamphetamine utilizes a variety of chemicals, including explosives, solvents, salts, and corrosives.
The process to manufacture of these illegal drugs produces toxic by-products that can cause adverse health effects to the lab operators, and contaminate building materials. The contamination may expose future occupants to these contaminants. Additionally, illegal dumping of waste products can result in soil and/or groundwater contamination, or contamination of sewer systems.
State law enforcement agencies remove the most hazardous chemicals. The property owner is responsible for the decontamination (or remediation) of the property.
Highlands Environmental Solutions professionals properly remediate these illegal operations and the results of illegal dumping due to our in depth training, experience, and capabilities.
All waste materials generated during a clean up of illegal lags are managed properly within the regulatory compliances as illegal drug labs are deemed hazardous sites.
Property management or janitorial service companies do not posses the training nor the qualifications to remediate an illegal drug lab hazardous site. If they do they are exposed to health safety risks and do not meet the mandatory regulatory compliance requirements.
- Experienced, trained personnel;
- Screen the property to assess for contamination;
- Photo documentation of property conditions before, during, and after clean-up;
- Proper waste management and documentation;
- Clean all non-porous surfaces thoroughly;
- Remove contaminated materials;
- Sample post-remediation clearance;
- Sample and analyze soil and groundwater if necessary;
- Sample and analyze air and water if necessary;
- Prepare a project report (we follow state regulatory formats) document remediation activities and analytical data;
- We manage insurance claims and act as liaison
An emergency response team right in your pocket
Don’t waste time finding emergency phone numbers or who to contact. Download our free emergency response app today.