Insurance Support: From Controlling Claims Costs To Prevention And Planning
Environmental emergencies and pollution liability claims cost insurance companies not only shocking amounts of money, also time, energy and focus. Insurance carriers rely on Highlands Environmental Solutions, Inc. for our proactive, solutions-based approach. Our approach controls costs and minimizes the impact for claims managers.
A.M. Best “BestMark has awarded Highlands Environmental Solutions, Inc. their prestigious outstanding service and support to the industry award.
Major insurance carrier, EMC said the following about HES: “EMC considers HES an extension of our business and will continue to utilize them for environmental project support going forward. We recommend HES to our insureds and would recommend HES to other insurance companies who underwrite environmental policies as a leader in their field providing environmental services…”
Prevention, Planning and Third-Party Reviews
Highlands Environmental Solutions, Inc. provides clients third party reviews, training and environmental audits. Insurance companies request these audits before, during, and after work is done on a claim by another consultant or contractor.
Unfortunately, insurance companies have been taken advantage of by companies that bill excessively at rates and extended time durations not necessary to accomplish the necessary work. It may be for equipment not needed, too many people for the project or excessive time durations for equipment. Or it may be for endless monitoring of project sites that are better solved by more efficient and cost-effective methods.
Because of Highlands Environmental Solutions, Inc.’s reputation, we are asked to audit projects frequently to ascertain for clients if they received fair and reasonable service from other providers.
More and more insurance companies require their insureds to take training classes on prevention and preparation for emergency response scenarios. Highlands Environmental Solutions, Inc. prepares and delivers courses to address prevention and response. Our courses can help prevent claims, reduce the cost and severity of claims, and minimize the overall environmental impact of an insured’s incident. HES can present courses in different formats such as “Lunch and Learn” format stand-alone courses, after hours or other ways to meet your needs. By working with local agents, their insureds secure proper insurance coverages and verify that their employees know what to do if they have an incident.
Services offered to insurance companies:
- Rapid response during emergency situations
- Audits and cost containment of environmental remediation projects, with documented regulatory closure to prevent long-term liability
- A variety of courses and table-top exercises for insureds to participate in
- Planning and prevention services, such as Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), and custom-tailored documents
- Third party review and/or audits of contractor and consultant reports, response activities, invoices, etc.
- Litigation support for legal challenges
- Environmental forensic evaluations to assist in the positive identification and apparent age of the contaminant, and possible source
A.M. Best Expert Service Provider
- Based on the results of surveys insurance carriers awarded HES with the prestigious A.M. Best “BestMark” for outstanding service and support to the industry. Comments on the surveys included the comments: “timely, efficient and reasonable” and “excellent and timely service.” Major insurance carrier, EMC said the following about HES: “EMC considers HES an extension of our business and will continue to utilize them for environmental project support going forward. We recommend HES to our insureds and would recommend HES to other insurance companies who underwrite environmental policies as a leader in their field providing environmental services…”
An emergency response team right in your pocket
Don’t waste time finding emergency phone numbers or who to contact. Download our free emergency response app today.
Search: “HES ER App” in the app store today!